foreclosure after discharge question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foreclosure after discharge question...

I surrendered my house in my bk. I was discharged 11 days ago. I know that I no longer have any financial responsibility in regards to the house but am wondering if the attorneys office handling the foreclosure is supposed to cease contacting me like all other creditors have to after being discharged or if they can continue until the home is sold at auction? They are still sending me letters to try to get me to work something out via short sale, deed in lieu..etc....I have no interest in that...I'm done with the house and can't wait for them to sell it and I can move on.

Thanks for the help....

Originally posted by Rob517 View Post
    I surrendered my house in my bk. I was discharged 11 days ago. I know that I no longer have any financial responsibility in regards to the house but am wondering if the attorneys office handling the foreclosure is supposed to cease contacting me like all other creditors have to after being discharged or if they can continue until the home is sold at auction? They are still sending me letters to try to get me to work something out via short sale, deed in lieu..etc....I have no interest in that...I'm done with the house and can't wait for them to sell it and I can move on.

Thanks for the help....
    You do have a responsibility to keep the home insured until the bank actually takes over. They can contact you all they want. It costs them less money if you do a deed in lieu. Have they foreclosed yet? All this could take awhile.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the house is no longer insured. The insurance company canceled the policy when they found it vacant. It would costs thousands to insure it vacant from my estimates and having just completed bk I don't have the money to pay that each year. Maybe I will do a deed in lieu and let them get it faster instead of waiting it out.

Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X