No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an interesting thread. If you want more entertainment, check out my story...

BK discharged in March '07
    Walked away from house June '07
    Foreclosure process started Aug '07

AND IT'S STILL GOING ON .

Yup. I could have been living free in the house since '07. However I got a job in a diff state and we moved. The house has sat there for years now. It's been frustrating for sure, but at this point all I can do is laugh about it. In fact I just looked at the public record and it was just updated with this:

11/3/2011 PL 1 1 MTN TO SUBSTITUTE PLF/DEF AND CHANGE CASE STYLE

So looks like I got at least another 3-4 years... By then the actual BK will be off my credit record. To get around things my wife just Quit claimed me the title so at least she doesn't show up on the title and we can at least somewhat move forward with things.

Comment

This page provides general background and information on the housing programs established by Treasury under TARP. The MHA program expired on December 31, 2016, however, help may still be available through your mortgage company or through the Homeowner Assistance Fund.Consumer Fraud AlertIn the beginning of 2009, the U.S. economy was facing the fallout from a housing bubble that by some measures had doubled home prices in a period of six years. By the time the Obama Administration took office in January 2009, home prices had fallen for 30 straight months. Home values had fallen by nearly one-third. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had been in conservatorship for four months, and American families were struggling to buy and keep their homes.In February 2009, President Obama announced a number of steps to strengthen the housing market and help struggling homeowners avoid foreclosure. As part of this broad response to the housing crisis, Treasury, under TARP, established two central programs, Making Home Affordable® (MHA) and the Hardest Hit Fund® (HHF).In December 2016, the Making Home Affordable (MHA) program expired. Although this resource is no longer available to homeowners, help is still available. Mortgage companies will continue to offer assistance. Contact your mortgage company or lender directly to inquire about available solutions.Key FactsTreasury, under TARP, launched Making Home Affordable® (MHA), to provide mortgage relief to homeowners and prevent avoidable foreclosures.The cornerstone of MHA was the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP®), which permanently reduced mortgage payments to affordable levels for qualifying borrowers. MHA expanded to include a number of other specialized programs.Treasury also introduced the Hardest Hit Fund® (HHF), which helps those states hardest hit by home price declines and high unemployment to develop locally-tailored foreclosure prevention solutions.Treasury's programs are part of a wider government response designed to help homeowners, preserve communities, and keep mortgage rates affordable for families.Programs at a GlanceMaking Home Affordable® (MHA)The Making Home Affordable Program® (MHA) provided mortgage relief to homeowners to prevent avoidable foreclosures. This included the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), which permanently reduced mortgage payments to affordable levels for qualifying borrowers. MHA expanded to include a number of other specialized programs. MHA helped over 1.8 million families obtain mortgage relief and avoid foreclosure. MHA expired in December 2016.Hardest Hit Fund (HHF)The Hardest Hit Fund® was created to provide targeted aid to families in states hit hard by the economic and housing market downturn. The participating states were chosen either because they are struggling with unemployment rates at or above the national average or steep home price declines greater than 20 percent since the housing market downturn.

I was wondering if you had seen this exit and get 3000.00 , We expect first paper work anyday of the lis pend filing . We have been not paying Since 6-2010. we are in polk county. THe house is in my BF name and he is probably going to file 13 to delay process for awhile. but saw this 3000 interesting. It says fannie Mae is eligible too.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/...s/default.aspx

I was wondering if you had seen this exit and get 3000.00 , We expect first paper work anyday of the lis pend filing . We have been not paying Since 6-2010. we are in polk county. THe house is in my BF name and he is probably going to file 13 to delay process for awhile. but saw this 3000 interesting. It says fannie Mae is eligible too.
        I havent seen that. Thanks for the info!! When we are getting closer to leaving, I will look into that.

Comment

12-5-11 Update - Just noticed an entry on the docket for MOTION UNSIGNED DEFAULT. Anyone have any idea what this means?

Comment

12-12-2011 just north of Tampa.

The phones are quiet, the house has been in foreclosure for about 4 years now.

We stopped paying in December of '07, I believe.

Lis Pendens arrived in November of '08.

Since then, we receive offers to modify with regular frequency. We received three duplicate FedEx envelopes from BoA in one day. And they know we have moved and bought another house, since that is where they send us mail.

Stats: House bought for 320k before the boom, 2000. It peaked at 700k of "value". I was offered 725k for it in 2006. However, everything else was skyrocketing too and we could not have used even that vast increase to get something comparable. We were stable, at the time, financially.

The crash of 08 and a simultaneous injury to my back changed all that.

The house has now been sitting, without AC or heat, in the Florida humidity for 4 years. It stinks to high heaven and is literally about to fall in on itself.

It is probably worth 190k, and that is being generous, I think.

Would be nice to see them take it, but they are in no hurry.

The HoA sued for and got a lien for HoA dues. We didn't argue the point, since we aren't paying them, and hope they will do something to move the process. Legally, we are on the hook for HoA fees, but the board is well aware that the bank is a better target. We have been decimated financially, from my injury, and have no money.

We filed CH 7 whenever it says in my sig, and the old house is the last dangling thread.

I hope, sincerely, that everyone is well and has a nice holiday.

Best wishes,

-dmc
            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Another update to my previous one.

Noticed on the online docket today.

ANSWER/RESPONSE FROM JUDGE ARJ 1
              12/16/2011 ACTING SOLELY AS NOMINEE FOR FREMONT INVESTMENT & LOAN MDD
              12/16/2011 MOTION FOR DEFAULT & DEFAULT - (Wife's name), MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTATION SYSTEMS, INC

I am guess that they are just clearing out my wifes name because she is listed on the mortgage? Technically she isn't the one fighting the case, it is just me.

Does this mean anything? Or are they just covering all bases?

Comment

Hi,

I just got my lis pendens Dec 15/2011 from Albertelli Law firm,I live in S FL. Does anyone have any suggestions how to respond without a lawyer and the approx time frame before the sale date?

My goal is to stay around 5 more months from the Dec 15 date- the house was included in the chapter 7.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE View Post
                  Hi,

I just got my lis pendens Dec 15/2011 from Albertelli Law firm,I live in S FL. Does anyone have any suggestions how to respond without a lawyer and the approx time frame before the sale date?

My goal is to stay around 5 more months from the Dec 15 date- the house was included in the chapter 7.
                  I would say 5 months is an easy figure if you don't fight it. If you do fight it, well, my LP came in April of 2010 and I am still here. It is a long process and it really depends on how long you really want to stay. If you want to stay and save money longer than 5-6 months, I would say spend the $1500 for an attorney and go from there. It was the best $1500 I spent. I toyed with the idea of filing my own Answers and Defenses but it is really complicated and doing so incorrectly can kill any chance of a proper defense.

Comment

We also got ours LP sbout a month or so ago. My Husband doesnt want to fight it. What happens next? We keep getting junk letters from different attorneys wanting to represent us. He was planning on filing 13, but not sure yet. When they get the summary judgement will be get eviction or what?
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Our home was to be auctioned at the end of this month. Now they have requested a postponement due to the holiday. Will wonders never cease?
                      Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
                      341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
                      Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

Well after 2 years both of my condos with PNC and BOA went to auction this December. Sale date about 45 days after court date.

So if it is any help:
                        Court Notice and date set: 30 Days
                        Sale Date: 45 Days
                        Period to have it put in the banks name: 15 days
                        So about 90 days
                        Did contact PNC after sale and was told I had some time to remove any stuff,etc.

Now I am waiting on Chase house: 2 years non payment
                        New Lawyer Assigned: 10/4 and nothing since. With my experience with the other 2 loans, first beause of Robo signing fired lawers they get a new law firm, then docs are reviewed. Then they file something that says AOK and then they set a court date.

All 3 offered some sort of mod but after sending the paperwork 20 times I quit!

Lawyer I hired for BR, took my 1k deposit and ran, disbarred...I am one lucky guy!

Merry Christmas, going from perfect credit to having the world tumble down on me does not even phase me anymore..I keep getting run over by that truck and I get back up! Lost my wife and son, now MB my health, my business, dont think anything can phase me.

Comment

I just answered the Les Pendes myself and called Albertelli Law firm- they told me it will be very long before the house gets foreclosed on- although they work for PHH

Once again , since house was included in BK and I can't stand my neighbors why should I do a short sale for the Mortgage company?

I even asked PHH if I did a deed in Lu of foreclosure would they give me Cash for the keys and they said -no; basically the house will sit and go through the long process, I am guessing I amy have possibly another 6-12 months before a sale date.

Any thoughts from the Veterans out there?

My thoughts screw the mortgage company.

Comment

here's a recent article ....
                            finance.yahoo.com/news/delaying-foreclosure-borrowers-keep-homes-102300544.html

Comment

Originally posted by leopold1 View Post
                              here's a recent article ....
                              finance.yahoo.com/news/delaying-foreclosure-borrowers-keep-homes-102300544.html
                              Thanks for the article. It was written 12/29/11, so it's up-to-date information. The average foreclosure time in Florida is amazing, 1027 days or about 3 years. We had to move due to a job after our BK closed, but we're renting the house and will as long as the bank sits on their duff. They could have it anytime they want it. We offered a DIL, but 'not interested'. They are buying insurance and paying the taxes, so I guess I should send them a Thank You card. No wonder they are all in the trouble they are in.

Comment

Yesterday I received a Plaintiffs Request for Admission in the mail. From what I read I have 30 days to answer. Trying to figure out what to do with this. Will start a separate thread on this one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X