Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cory1848
    replied
    I hired a lawyer to deal with it. $1500. Cash hurts but if it buys me another 2 months in the house, its worth it. He filed a motion to dismiss based on the plaintiff being a security interest and not having the right to foreclose. We will see how that plays out. Its a stall tactic but seems to work against the foreclosure mills.

Leave a comment:

• UpsideDown
    replied
    I'm in Plant City. We stopped paying in June, got our Lis Pendens in September and Chase still hasn't taken the house.

Leave a comment:

• UpsideDown
    replied
    I'm in Plant City. We stopped paying in June, got our Lis Pendens in September and Chase still hasn't taken the house.

Leave a comment:

• cory1848
    replied
    Ok I just got served with the papers, have 20 days to file a response. My file it just to delays things. It doesnt really tell me much, says the note is store at local county public records book and it gives me an address. So not so sure a Produce the Note defense will hold much water. However, one thing that sticks out is that they said they mail notices of pending foreclosure to me, (NOD) and I have not received anything in that regard. Not sure if in Florida a NOD has to be mailed prior to LP? There are 16 parts I need to answer. 6 of those are just people that may have an interest. The rest are just basic "We have done this" clauses. Guess I was expecting more...

So going back to timeline... I have 20 days to answer (business days? or full days including weekends?) Puts me at end of April. If I do nothing, Default gets entered. Would there still be a hearing? Looking for that possible hearing date.

If I file answers, stall until end of 20 days, then hearing date gets scheduled. I am guessing 30-60 days for that, then if lose, sale date gets entered?

If I file answers to get that hearing date, but then later decide I dont want to bother, do I have to cancel it? or just not show up and get a default judgement?

Again purpose of this is just to stall. Not looking to keep the house but do need some time to prepare.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• cory1848
    replied
    Originally posted by Ugh07 View Post
    That was the problem, there never were any "people". Investors were buying 5-10 homes each hoping to flip them once they were built. Those actions created an outrageous amount of supply for housing that was never actually demanded.
    Also the amount of unfinished subdivisions that are just sitting there with one model home built. I have three up the street from my house. All fenced in, gated, room for 150 homes with 2 finished. So two families have a really big backyards right now. Sign says starting $130s, where 3 years ago they said, starting $320s.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X