Timeframe? Deed In Lieu? Foreclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeframe? Deed In Lieu? Foreclosure?

Here is the situation we are in now -- what should we do??

We just discharged a few days ago -- we just told the mortgage company that we are surrendering the property - I spoke with them last week about DIL and they stated that they sent in for a relief of stay and were waiting to hear back from the trustee - they told me to call back in a month regarding the DIL that they should have the relief of stay by then (first question - do they still need a relief of stay even though we are discharged?) We have a home that we are going to rent; we have already signed the lease agreement; we were to move in April; the owner called asking if we could wait til June in order to allow the current tenant time to move out - my first thought is YAY that would save us mortgage payments for that time - as we were so stupid to continue payments or at least partial payments this whole time -- my second thought is YIKES will we be ok to stay in the home that long?? We really would like to work out a DIL with our mortgage company vs a foreclosure has anyone had luck doing that?

If I have read everything right I am seeing this; April 1st (ish) they have the relief of stay; put the notice in the paper (puts us to May 1st ish); then what? We need another month in there..... What do you think?

Originally posted by freshstartmi View Post
    Here is the situation we are in now -- what should we do??

We just discharged a few days ago -- we just told the mortgage company that we are surrendering the property - I spoke with them last week about DIL and they stated that they sent in for a relief of stay and were waiting to hear back from the trustee - they told me to call back in a month regarding the DIL that they should have the relief of stay by then (first question - do they still need a relief of stay even though we are discharged?) We have a home that we are going to rent; we have already signed the lease agreement; we were to move in April; the owner called asking if we could wait til June in order to allow the current tenant time to move out - my first thought is YAY that would save us mortgage payments for that time - as we were so stupid to continue payments or at least partial payments this whole time -- my second thought is YIKES will we be ok to stay in the home that long?? We really would like to work out a DIL with our mortgage company vs a foreclosure has anyone had luck doing that?

If I have read everything right I am seeing this; April 1st (ish) they have the relief of stay; put the notice in the paper (puts us to May 1st ish); then what? We need another month in there..... What do you think?
    After they receive a relief of stay they can send you a loan deficiency notice or NOD.. Then they can sue you for foreclosure and you have 30 days or so to respond to that. I was discharged 3 months ago and have not even received a NOD yet. So I just live here rent free. My research has shown that I can drag things out another 6 months minimum. You should have no problem.

Comment

Trust me, you are in no hurry. I'm sitting here 15 months rent free, 10 months post discharge and just barely got the "Relief from stay". We still don't have the NOD yet. It takes a long time . . . .

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X