Two letters today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two letters today

I received two letters today from my first mortgage holder Metlife. The first one is from the foreclosure department and basically states that it's an attempt to collect a debt and says that they have forwarded documents to attorney so-and-so to initiate foreclosure. It also states that alternatives to foreclosure may be available by contacting the Loss Mitigation Department.

The second letter/packet is from LoanCare Servicing Center saying Metlife is using them to assist in reviewing my mortgage for mod and refi options. It also states that I have 30 days to dispute the validy of the debt.

The second letter seems like what I got from my credit card which I'm waiting to respond to at the end of the 30 days. However, I'm somewhat confused since I have a Loss Mit Dept., an Attorney, and a Loan Mod and Refi Dept to possibly respond to about this.

We are planning on filing Chapter 7 but are trying to drag this out for all it's worth. What path is the best to take to stall AND what is the next step the attorney might take? I'm in NC.

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
    I received two letters today from my first mortgage holder Metlife. The first one is from the foreclosure department and basically states that it's an attempt to collect a debt and says that they have forwarded documents to attorney so-and-so to initiate foreclosure. It also states that alternatives to foreclosure may be available by contacting the Loss Mitigation Department.

The second letter/packet is from LoanCare Servicing Center saying Metlife is using them to assist in reviewing my mortgage for mod and refi options. It also states that I have 30 days to dispute the validy of the debt.

The second letter seems like what I got from my credit card which I'm waiting to respond to at the end of the 30 days. However, I'm somewhat confused since I have a Loss Mit Dept., an Attorney, and a Loan Mod and Refi Dept to possibly respond to about this.

We are planning on filing Chapter 7 but are trying to drag this out for all it's worth. What path is the best to take to stall AND what is the next step the attorney might take? I'm in NC.
    Are you in anyway making mortgage payments? Do you want to keep the house? Can you afford the house under if loan modified? After that first letter they will most likely next send you a NOD, notice of default and after 20 or 30 days a summons of foreclosure. This also depends on which state you live in. Talk to a couple of attorney's about possible choices as the first consults are free.

Comment

The last payment we made on the 1st mortgage was Nov 1st. We are NOT planning on keeping the house. We received 45-day PRE-FORECLOSURE NOTICE on Feb 1st. According to my states Gen Statutes NC 45-102, the filing is required before filing a notice of hearing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X