Wisc. Foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisc. Foreclosure

Foreclosure granted in court on 12/14/09. I am in the middle of the 6-month redemption period.

Question...Will I get something in writing from the lender or local attorney handling the case as to when the Sheriff's sale is? How much time after the sale do I have to get out?

Thanks in advance.

Sale happens first, then you have a 6 month redemption period.
    So if sale hasn't happened yet, then 6 month time window hasn't started.
    If you are in your redemption period then sale has already occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
      Sale happens first, then you have a 6 month redemption period.
      So if sale hasn't happened yet, then 6 month time window hasn't started.
      If you are in your redemption period then sale has already occurred.
      The Sale does not always happen first, as in Maine:

Upon expiration of the period of redemption, if the mortgagor, or the mortgagor's successors, heirs or assigns have not redeemed the mortgage, any remaining rights of the mortgagor to possession terminate, and the mortgagee shall cause notice of a public sale of the premises stating the time, place and terms of the sale to be published once in each of 3 successive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the premises are located; the first publication to be made not more than 90 days after the expiration of the period of redemption. The public sale must be held not less than 30 days nor more than 45 days after the first date of that publication and may be adjourned, for any time not exceeding 7 days and from time to time until a sale is made, by announcement to those present at each adjournment.

I wonder if Maine is exception to the rule?

Comment

Originally posted by jlmaca View Post
        I wonder if Maine is exception to the rule?
        Yes... in several categories.

Comment

I called the court after judgement was granted and was told redemption period of 6 months takes place before the sale.

So anyone know if they send the sale date in writing to me or do I have to find out on my own?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by summersales View Post
            I called the court after judgement was granted and was told redemption period of 6 months takes place before the sale.

So anyone know if they send the sale date in writing to me or do I have to find out on my own?

Thanks.
            From what I can tell about Wisconsin foreclosures, you must be notified in the same manner that you were notified of the foreclosure, which probably means you must be served. Or if Wisconsin allows you to be notified of the foreclosure summons by mail, then you can receive the sale notice by mail.

Comment

After some research, you are correct in that redemption in WI expires before the sale. Unusual proceedure compared to most states where the sale occurs, then the redemption period starts, however long it is. Yes, as stated by others the redemption period length should be established by official notice from the court or sheriff. The length of time is determined by whether the property is occupied, the age of the mtg and the parcel size; (larger acreage has a shorter redemption period).

Sorry about the misinformation. Maybe I should stick to posting on the states that I know for certain. Naw, what fun would that be...........?

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X