property taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

property taxes

All property taxes that are unpaid stay with the house after foreclosure, right? Our attorney said they stay with the property -- our ch 7 bk is not discharged yet, but we hope for it to be discharged after May 21st.. we just got our property tax bill for 2009, should we have our attorney add it to the bk petition to cover ourselves or are we OK ignoring it? Our attorney is very non-responsive to questions and has not gotten back to me via email about this for over a week now. Thanks for any insight.

Don't worry about it. It goes with the house and no one is going to ask you for that money.

I got my discharge and I have not paid my tax.

hope this helps.

Comment

I am in the same position, though I just received a reminder in the mail yesterday about the past due taxes. I did include the the county tax assessors office as a creditor, so I know that they received notice of our filing. My attorneys office said that the past due taxes (going on two years) will all go with the house and not to worry about it.
      Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
      Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
      341 Done - Middle of May 2010
      Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I don't like how our attorney just outright blows us off about stuff.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X