Would it be wise to hire an attorney - or is it not really necessary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be wise to hire an attorney - or is it not really necessary

We're filing bankruptcy and not reaffirming our house. We have stopped paying on it this month. However, I would like to ride it out as long as possible in this house to save up money. Would an attorney be able to help us stall it any longer than we could just do ourselves? (I mean strictly for the foreclosure - we've hiring an attorney for the bankruptcy) We've only missed one payment so far and will be trying for a modification (I guess) in a couple of months, although I feel like that's going to be a big PITA for more than likely nothing. I doubt seriously they'll be able to get us into a payment we can afford. I'm really doing it hoping to stall the foreclosure. And in about 5-6 months, we're filing for bankruptcy. Beyond those measures, is there anything really an attorney could do for us that would warrant his fees? Locally, I'm hearing about a year from start to finish. I really wish we could file bankruptcy a little sooner so I could start saving up money sooner but gotta wait for the income average to drop a little bit.

I can actually pay the mortgage when my husband's next check comes in, even though it would now be two weeks late - and I may just to buy us another month - can't decide. ???? ARGH!! I'm so torn. There's so many rentals available right now that we could get into easily that part of me wants to just walk away from here and move now, although I know that's foolish since we could be living rent free for quite a while.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X