Which would be better after BK7? FC/DIL/SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would be better after BK7? FC/DIL/SS

The debt isn't reaffirmed and the house is 55K negative equity with an FHA loan and a 36K 2nd with DCU.

Short sale - seems like a lot of hoopla to go through for something *I* don't owe.

DIL - Wells Fargo won't entertain that option until I attempt a short sale first.

FC - Ugh. I really dislike that option because it makes me feel bad.

It appears that the result of either choice, the worst being foreclosure @ 4 years, will make it 3-4 years AFTER that I can purchase a house again.

Any opinions?

well I am in Ch 7 right now and not reaffirming our house. It's on the market for short sale right now. From everything I have read and it's alot, this is the best route to take. Foreclosure isn't something I want my name attached to. And, my realtor agrees with me that short sale is the best for my credit report.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsDixon View Post
      The debt isn't reaffirmed and the house is 55K negative equity with an FHA loan and a 36K 2nd with DCU.

Short sale - seems like a lot of hoopla to go through for something *I* don't owe.

DIL - Wells Fargo won't entertain that option until I attempt a short sale first.

FC - Ugh. I really dislike that option because it makes me feel bad.

It appears that the result of either choice, the worst being foreclosure @ 4 years, will make it 3-4 years AFTER that I can purchase a house again.

Any opinions?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X