Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents' foreclosure...

Hi everyone!

I was checking with recorder's office recently and it looks like my parents' house was foreclosed on back in mid-February but the recording show up just recently. They said the sale happened on Oct-23-2009 but in reality it happened in Dec-11 if not later. However, the bank that foreclosed is 2nd lienholder and they never paid the first lienholder. It was more than 3 months from the recording date and more than 6 months from the foreclosure date.

They sent a letter to my parents which basically was court documents for the eviction. However, there was so much lies in those docs that we have responded and never heard back from them. They said that my parents had a rent agreement with the back and didn't pay the rent. I think that eviction is for renters in our state and that's why the docs said that.

However, my question is: can the second lienholder / bank foreclose and evict my parents if they haven't paid out the first lien / mortgage / bank yet? My parents still live in their home, take care of it and pay all other bills. Are my parents in for any serious trouble? Or should they just wait for some other documentation from the bank before they move out.

Also, if my parents will need an attorney, what kind of attorney should they look for?

Thanks everyone once again!
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X