top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CH7 discharged - can we speed up foreclosure process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH7 discharged - can we speed up foreclosure process?

Our Chapter 7 was discharged on 5/10/10. We stopped paying mortgage September 2009. The first mortgage got a relief of stay motion granted in March or April, but we haven't heard anything since then.

Can I contact both the holders of my first and second mortgage and ask when they intend to auction the home? We're not living there anymore so the sooner the better. I just want to make sure we didn't miss any important paperwork since we've moved and have had issues receiving mail at our new house (rental).

Thanks for any input.

No way to speed it up.

Options
    1. Try to get a deed in lieu (you have about 10% chance of getting that).
    2. Short sell (only about 10% of short sales ever close).
    3. The legally ambiguous option, record a quit claim deed at the county recorders office quit claiming it back to the bank. This option can get the property out of your name, but only in an administrative sense because it is questionable (well, not really questionable) whether the quit claim is legally valid without acceptance from the bank.

Comment

Goblue...who was your mortgage company? Just wondering cause I'm waiting on my lift from automatic stay. However, we're still in our house and want to stay here as long as possible. Just trying to compare timelines with others who are going through this. Funny...when I modified my ch13 to surrender my house, my attorney said we would be out in 60-90 days. Hmmm...already approaching 90 days and nothing yet!
      CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
      Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Our first was with ASC (which I think is now Chase) and second was with EMC Mortgage.

HTH!

Patiently (or not so patiently) waiting......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X