Redemption Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redemption Question

I had a land/home mortgage I included in my BK. The mortgage had a power of sale clause. They filed for relieve from stay as we indicated our intention to surrender home and they forclosed. I am now discharged but my question is if they removed the home (triple wide manufactered home) and sell the land and home seperate wont that be a violation of my right of redemption?
    Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
    341 March 18
    Discharged...May 18
    Awaiting closing...

I found this... may help..may not... I know AL has a 12 month right of redemption but I dont know how it works when you state your intent to give up your home, or when its a manufactured home.

"....Another important factor to consider is the role of land – if your underlying land property is tied to the loan, this may change the equation, as banks will find physical land to be a greater collateral that is more liquid. The bank will likely separate the two in the case of a foreclosure, but you should take this factor into consideration. When you approach your lender, you can suggest a number of possible refinance options, depending on your situation.>

Found this too for you... the LIENS section might explain more

Comment

Let's assume it does violate your redemption, can you redeem, do YOU have the means to redeem? If not, it is just a technical violation and there has been no harm or damage.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X