When is the Sale Date??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the Sale Date??

So I'm finally going through the NOD, three month until sale date. The paper work I got from the bank states that the sale date cannot be posted until after August 28th...So will I have more time after that?
    I do not want to go through eviction and am getting things in order, but am stressing over when I actually have to be out.
    Damn after being in this house for over ten years the enormity is really hitting me

All depends on your state as to when the sale date is. In a judicial state FC, usually the sale must be confirmed which can take another few weeks and then if you appear at the sale confirmation hearing, you'll usually get another 30 days to vacate. But depends on your district/state.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I'm in california and there are a lot of foreclosures in my area. Would that fact delay the sale date?

Comment

Hi ! (Back again)....No, pretty much when they file the NOD, it's a done deal. Even in my area (south of you) where it is the "foreclosure capital" of Southern California, they seem to be proceeding quickly and the trust sales are not being delayed. I have a house next door to me and 2 days after trust sale they showed up, changed the locks and trashed out the house. The banks all seem to be on some type of "Vengeance kick" for lack of a better term. The agent that leased me this house is the local area agent for FHA/Fannie Mae (funny, I lease one of those foreclosed homes) and she has told me that the banks are being ruthless. They've paid back their TARP money and now they really don't seem to care about working with anyone. She also advised me that the banks ARE stashing a huge amount of houses in the "shadow inventory" and they have this very misguided belief that the "market will come back any day now". After 40 years in Southern California real estate, the agent's only comment was "No way, No how, ever"....In short, they MAY delay your sale, it does happen occasionally, but really, you should be prepared to move. To borrow a line from Bill Clinton, I feel your pain, I was in my former house 20+ years and it's very hard to walk away from that..But, the stress of not knowing can be worse.

Comment

Thanks bullet...yeah I know it was going to happen but now that it's finally happening I'm still stressed...But am going to move forward and plan to be out by sale date, just half to get rid of stuff and actually find a decent place. yuck

Comment

Just an FYI because I am in the same boat. My sale date is 7/28/10. I talked to a friend that very recently worked for a foreclosure company. IF the house sells then you will be contacted by the new owner and the will generally give you 2-3 weeks or more to get out. If it doesn't sell then it goes back to the bank and they may put it up for sale. Some backs offer cash for keys or will even rent it back to you. I am waiting on pins and needles to see where are going to be. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X