reaffirm after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reaffirm after discharge

We filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010. We kept our house, but didn't sign a reaffirmation We we'er and still are up to date on payments. the lawyer just told us to keep making our payments and we would be fine. We didn't realize the house was included in the bankruptcy.

So My question is, can the bank make us reaffirm in order to keep the house or can they start forclosure on us if we are not responsbile for the loans any more but are up to date on payments?

The house is under by about 25,000 of the house worth so We want to just keep paying and be able to walk away at any time if I am not able to find a job before my unemployment runs out. We do hope we are able to keep paying the loans and that the house market go's back up where we can sell and make a profit and rent for a year or too to rebuild our credit.. All feed back and suggestions are welcome.

As long as you pay they can't touch you.

I've been paying on a non reaffirmed mortgage for a year and they didn't even know that it was included when I talked to them last week.

Don't reaffirm, like you said, and keep the option to bail if need be.

Comment

We have been paying since Feb. 2008. We stopped paying the 2nd about 4 months ago. We are in negative equity on both so I am not going to continue paying on the 2nd. We paid on them for 2+ years. We sent them a settlement , but haven't heard anything. They have stopped sending us a monthly statement. We did get a 5 year freeze on the first , which is an ARM, and will adjust in a couple of years. Not sure what we will do , but at this point the 2nd isn't going to do anything since we are negative on both. I just look at it as renting the house , and if at anytime I need to leave we are out of here.
      Filed 11/2007 Ch.7
      Discharge 2/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X