top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House included in discharged Ch7 -- moved into rental home -- insurance question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House included in discharged Ch7 -- moved into rental home -- insurance question...

My homeowners insurance is about to expire. Usually it's paid for by the mortgage company through my escrow account, but I haven't paid them in a year so obviously there is nothing in the account to cover the costs.

I have an umbrella policy and renters policy for the home we are renting/living in.

Can I just non-renew the homeowners policy since I can cover liability with umbrella and don't care about contents/structure since it's been discharged?

Thanks.

why don't you ask the umbrella policy insurance company? It's best to know the answer from the horses mouth so to speak. Don't you think? Or contact the homeowners insurance company and ask them to bill you directly. My homeowners insurance is a monthly payment of about $46 bucks. It used to be paid from my escrow account until I told the bank that I will just take care of it myself

Comment

Unless and until the title changes, you are still liable for insuring the house, at least from a personal liability standpoint of someone getting hurt on the property
      OTOH, most insurance companies will NOT insure a vacant house.
      PP's advice is best - check with the umbrella policy issuing company.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X