top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd stopped sending statement.... what does it mean ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd stopped sending statement.... what does it mean ?

I am about 3-5 months behind on my 2n (discharged and non-reaffirmed w Wells fargo).

for a while they were continuing sending statements, and now they stopped. What does it mean if anything ? What's next ? My intentions are to settle with them for 5-10%.

Thanks.

What is the status of your first mortgage?...are you current?

Comment

yes 1st is current with BOA.

Comment

well, I guess I would make an initial overture to them...find out if they would accept 5% or 10%.....whats their receptivity? etc.

As far as stopping statements they will probably start sending some sort of initial collection letters and calling. I know BofA Heloc did that with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
          As far as stopping statements they will probably start sending some sort of initial collection letters and calling. I know BofA Heloc did that with me.
          well I would think that would be a violation of the Law. Since she is discharged, she owes them nothing.

My 2nd, HSBC, continued to call for about 60 days post my discharge. When i pointed out i could go after them for a violation, they finally stopped calling
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
            well I would think that would be a violation of the Law. Since she is discharged, she owes them nothing.

My 2nd, HSBC, continued to call for about 60 days post my discharge. When i pointed out i could go after them for a violation, they finally stopped calling
            You're right...sorry, I didn't see the OP was discharged from BK..

Comment

that's what I thought.

Anyhow... I am waiting for it to be charged off and then I will contact them re settlement.

Comment

So today i received the following letter from HSBC :

Dear Deadbeat,

Note, If your are currently protected by filing a petetion of BK , the following is a notice for informational purposes only, and is not an attempt to collect a debt.

your account is now past due 6 months totalling xxxxxx .

we have options to help you save your home. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxxx and speak to our loan counselor.

in addition you may also contact a HUD approved agency, blah blah blah.

you may also visit our website for additional options

sincerely
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Are you planning to call them and offer settlement?

Comment

Hmm. not sure.my gut says just sit tight and let it charge off and let them make the next move. have heard of alot of people with HSBC 2nds getting unsolicited offers in the mail, months after not paying.

Comment

I am waiting also... it's been 3-4 months with wells fargo. So far I havent heard anything. We will see.

Comment

Basically I had the 2nd stop sending me statements after I filed, then the started sending again in April, after I was discharged. The statement contained verbiage stating it was not an attempt to collect a debt, yet they were calling me and had also called my atty. I sent them a note stating that I do consider the statements an attempt to collect, notwithstanding the disclaimer, and they have stopped sending them.
                        C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
                        Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X