Central Florida FC timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Florida FC timeline

Our Chapter 7 was discharged on 4/12/10 with 1st and 2nd mortgages cleared. We are enjoying the benefits of no mortgage payments, but at the same time we have a tough HOA and would like to move on. An LP was filed on 08/24/10 by the 1st mortgage company in our Circuit Court.

Does anyone on the Forum have a sense of the timeline between LP and the sale date in our area. We have heard that the Court is getting overwhelmed with FCs, but we have no idea what effect that has on the legal timeline. We have no intention to delay the process.

We have been following the Forum since the latter part of June and have found the comments and experiences of the members to be extremely helpful. This is our first post.

What I recently did to get some idea of how long it was taking was go to the county clerk of the court website and search for cases involving my bank. It is going to be different county to county.
    Last edited by ByeByeCCs; 08-27-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Central FL FC timeline

Thanks for the suggestion, Bye Bye. I will check that out. Sorry for the slow reply. I made the post late and here it is late again, just geting home from a conference. Luck to have a steady job.

Comment

Heres another way to get a more precise idea how long its taking in your jurisdiction or any jurisdiction for that matter. Find the Sheriffs Sale Website. Copy down case #'s for sales scheduled for RIGHT NOW, say Friday of this week, or the most recent.

Take those case #'s and enter them in the search engine for your local courthouse.

Now, note the FILING DATE for each case you just entered. Simply count number of days from the filing date to the sale (which you already know) right?

That gives you the number of days from FC suit filing to Sheriffs Sale date.

Now, if you really want to be more accurate, note the BANK, and only follow those with the same lender as you. This will give you a very close forecast for your banks typical foreclosure timeline in your area.

Try it - it works!

Comment

Thanks, Ryan, I'll dig a little deeper.

Comment

I don't know what county you are on, but the foreclosure sales are listed on the clerk of the court website and you can follow the complaint from filing to sale. Had to laugh, one was a 2008 case with co-owners. One owner filed bankruptcy and when his stay was lifted and things started rolling again the other owner filed. As you can see a 2008 case and the case is not over.

Comment

I am in central Florida and made my last payment August 09. Filed BK7 Oct, discharged Jan 10 and was served LP in April. Hired a lawyer to deal with it. He filed Motion to Dismiss and we just had that hearing which we lost (expected to lose). Now have the original 20 days to answer complaint and thats where I am at now. If I don't contest it further, I am expecting a December/January sale date. I am considering contesting it further which would give me another 6-9 months of being in the house.

I like my house but the location is killing us. Bought at 190k and just got our 2011 tax statement and the assessed value was listed at 98K. Last year when we started all this, the assessed value was listed at 128k. That reassured my we are making the right decision.

Comment

Dear Bye Bye and Cory

Thanks for the responses. I went to the forclosure page on the Seminole County Clerk of Court Website. The times between LP and judgements are all over the place. There seems to be a lot of maneuvering going on out there. But the time line between Judgement and Sale Date seems to be averaging about 115 days. As I mentioned before, we are not doing anything to slow down the process. We just want to have a sense of how much time we have to plan a move. Thanks, again.

Comment

I'm in North Florida and stopped making payments on an investment property in October of 2009. Discharged BK in April 2010. I haven't received the first piece of correspondence from them (except a birthday card from the local branch). I think they are sitting on it becasue they don't want to take the full write down that they will take when it eventually gets sold.

So the timelines are all over the board. It wouldn't surprise me if it stays in my name for two years considering that they haven't even started the FC process yet.
                  Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                  Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                  341 - 2/12/2010
                  Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Tampa here.

We stopped paying December 08.

Lis Pendins files in March 09.

Notice of acceleration sent every month for about 6 months.

NoD sent November of 2009.

Today we received an offer to modify. Nothing else in the works, according to the court site.

We filed BK and left the house almost a year ago, so no concerns there. It can take a long time, depending on the lender and area.
                    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Hillsborough County here; our lis pendens was filed a year ago and we just got the final judgement on the foreclosure a couple of weeks ago. The courthouse auction sale date is Tuesday 9/7. We stopped making payments in May '09. We're already out of the house, so we're just ready for it to be sold.
                      Filed Ch. 13 w/lien strip- 2/5/09
                      Converted to Ch. 7- 2/26/09
                      341- 4/8/09
                      Trustee's Report of No Distribution filed-4/14/09 ; DISCHARGED and CLOSED!!!-6/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X