Just talked to Citimortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just talked to Citimortgage

...not looking good here. I just talked to citi about my default on 2nd mortgage, I'm 92 days behind. Citi offered a repayment plan to get current, I can't afford the payments on this plan and told then so, I asked politely if any other options available, she asked if a 2nd job is possible.
    That kinda hit me the wrong way so I thought it best to get off the phone and not say anything rude.
    I called these people to try and work something out to avoid foreclosure, now I don't think we can. I really didn't want to move. I'm just venting sorry...

I just passed the 90 day non-payment mark with both GMAC and CitiMortgage today. I could have afforded to keep the first current, but I talked myself into thinking that they would be more willing to modify my loan if I was behind. Now that I have reached 90 days, it would take almost $11k to be current on the first and GMAC is still "requesting more info" every time I inquire about a mod. I did receive a notice of acceleration from them and am starting to get worried. They claim if I make my June payment (first missed payment) I can put things off for another 30 days, but I am wondering if I will ever actually get the loan modified. Just venting...

Good luck to you bluesky...my continuing modification efforts are starting to seem pointless and I fear 4-5 months from now I will be moving. I did it to myself...took a gamble and the mortgage company was holding a pair of aces.
    Mortgage modification requested: 6/1/10
    Retained BK attorney: 6/5/10
    Filing Ch 7: 10/5/10 ???

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky View Post
      ...not looking good here. I just talked to citi about my default on 2nd mortgage, I'm 92 days behind. Citi offered a repayment plan to get current, I can't afford the payments on this plan and told then so, I asked politely if any other options available, she asked if a 2nd job is possible.
      That kinda hit me the wrong way so I thought it best to get off the phone and not say anything rude.
      I called these people to try and work something out to avoid foreclosure, now I don't think we can. I really didn't want to move. I'm just venting sorry...
      Who is the 1st with? Would you have equity without the 2nd? What makes you sure they will foreclose?
      1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
      2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
      4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

...the 1st is with BB&T, a local NC bank. owe around 90k on first, 23k on 2nd. there is some equity if house sold for the higher end of what it's worth.
        Citi sent letter after missing 2nd payment stating get current by Sept 2nd or face acceleration and foreclosure. That's why I called them to try and work something out, we didn't.
        What they offered I can't afford, hoped they would help in lowering payment, the lady said get a 2nd job.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X