Pulled a funny I learned here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled a funny I learned here

So Chase has been calling sometimes three times a day, other times not for a few days. BTW: one number they use is a Phoenix based number that I tried calling back a while ago and a recording comes on that says the number is out of service? Fishy to me...
    Anyway, Thursday night at 9 pm I get a call from an 800 number. I figure what the heck I answer. The woman informs me she is from Chase bank and that the call will be recorded for quality assurance.
    I say to her " well thats fine because I am recording you too."
    "I do not want to be recorded." (First, how does that make sense??)
    I say " I do not want to be recorded either."
    She says " I will have to have my adviser call you back tomorrow. "
    "thanks, good bye."

I havent heard form them now in a couple of days!
    I was feeling so good, sticking it to the man in my ever infinitesimal way!

Thanks BK Forum!

-R

That is funny. I did the same thing with Citi. When I picked up the phone, their recording said - "This call may be recorded for quality purposes" so I sat there until the rep came on the line. I then repeated "their line" by saying, before we start this conversation, I have to advise you that I am recording this call for quality purposes". The lady immediately jumped on the defense and said that I could NOT record the conversation. I said, why not? Your message just said that you were recording this call, why can't I? I then said, maam, you or your systems have reached "my name" at "my number" in regards to an alleged debt. Your firm has called me no less than (XXX) times per day at this number. Be advised that this call is being recorded and if you do not wish to speak to me while the call is being recorded, accept this recorded call as my official C&D. All further correspondence must be by US mail only.

She hung up and I never heard from them again over the following month. I then filed my CH7.

Game over.

lol
    Filed pro se Chapter 7 08/12/2010 - Scheduled 341 Hearing 09/08/2010 - Trustee Report of No Distribution 09/09/2010 -
    Reaffirmation of Auto 09/27/2010 Approved 09/28/2010- Discharge 11/09/2010:

Comment

Dont you love it when they say "you CANNOT record this conversation!" LOL Amazing how quick they hang up or tell you you "arent allowed" to do so...... FCC says otherwise

Comment

Well i wonder if these are one of those credit card frauds who try to call you, posing as banks and try various tricks to get your vital credit card information and then dupe you big time.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X