top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I ensure that I am well represented by attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I ensure that I am well represented by attorney?

I met with a BK attorney and I feel so comfortable with her. Her fee is $1800.00! I didn't hire her yet.

My situation:

I am unemployed. I have about $75,000 in credit card debt and 2 rentals that will be going to foreclosure soon. I no longer want them. I owe back property taxes and water bills that will just get tacked on to the property taxes. I have another duplex that I own free and clear and would like to keep it. I am claiming that one as my personal residence.

I posted this under "Foreclosures" because the future ramifications of a foreclosure seem to be less certain when it comes to deficiency judgments and the IRS.

So, before I meet with my attorney again to finalize the CH7 filing, are there any thoughts or advice on how I can get the most out of paying that $1800 when it comes to the foreclosures? In other words, is it expected that if anything should arise in the future regarding he rentals, my attorney continue to represent me and assist me without paying additional fees? What do I say to her or ask of her to put in writing in order to ensure that she represent me to the fullest?

I'm just paranoid that something will come up later or that I might miss something now. I just like being prepared and having all of my ducks lined in a row.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jefferino; 09-13-2010, 08:38 AM.

Well i think you can frankly and boldly ask her all about your concerns whether that quoted fee would cover all that you desire. Infact you would do well by taking quotes from couple of other lawyers. you can even contact NACA to get some free assistance, visit the link: https://www.naca.com/index_main.jsp
    URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X