A bit of info about Central FL foreclosure timeline....Mine's finally over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of info about Central FL foreclosure timeline....Mine's finally over

We stopped paying in 5/09 and about 2 months ago got notice of the final foreclosure hearing. Didn't go, so we received the final judgement 8/3 with a courthouse sale date of 9/7. No other bids, so house was bought back by the bank. Supposedly, there is a 10 day grace period after the sale before the new deed is issued and the new owner can do anything. This is what I gathered from online info and what I was told when I called the clerk of courts. Exactly 7 days after the sale, they changed the locks and hung a lockbox on the door and a notice that it's now owned by Fannie Mae. Fortunately, we were already completely moved out.

If you're in this situation, once it sells at the courthouse you'd better be ready to move, unless you contact them about renting it back from them, which may be an option.

Of course, now that it's too late, I have this sick feeling of remorse that I didn't try to keep our home and my wife is really sad and disappointed....but that's another story.
    I tried to make it a "business decision" and leave the emotion out of it, but I'm not so sure it was best. Best of luck to all of you who are in this situation.
    Filed Ch. 13 w/lien strip- 2/5/09
    Converted to Ch. 7- 2/26/09
    341- 4/8/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution filed-4/14/09 ; DISCHARGED and CLOSED!!!-6/10/09

I had to go to the court house today and there was a man who was checking the sale date of his home. And the clerk told him it was sold this morning and he had 10 days to write the judge a letter stating he was in the modification process. I felt so bad for him. He was elderly and had no clue what was going on.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X