Bk and Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bk and Mortgage

So we finally filled Ch 7 on 9/17. We are surrending our house and probably a car. I have been reading that some banks a slow in foreclosure proceddings. Well I guess not our bank.. we have already received a certified letter saying that we are in default. We are only 2 months behind . I was hoping that we would have more time to get security money ready for renting an apartment. It's hard for me to get overtime and without that I can't come up with the extra money. Just venting a bit, thanks for listenting.

I can tell you that I have been in foreclosure on my rental property for 2 years (last pmt September 08') and had the foreclosure canceled indefinitely in May. It seems that it is different in different areas of the country. On my block, there are 15 foreclosures. I think they do not want my house. With any luck, they won't want yours for a while either.

Who is your bank? I have Chase.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

My bank/mortgage company is Nationstar.
      I haven't read any thing (bad or good) about Nationstar on this fourm.
      I know there are other houses in this neighborhood in forclosure, not exactly for sure how many though.
      We do have 3 cc with chase which were included in the bk.

Comment

My house (no payments since October of last year and a CH 7 BK in the meantime) is nowhere near foreclosure from what I can tell and it was explained to me that the initial letter is a requirement but means nothing. It may be more serious with your bank though.
        Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
        341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
        Last day for objections: 4/26/10
        Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

What you received is NOT a notice of default. Just a collections letter. Check with your county recorder's office if in doubt. We are in California, have not paid since Nov 2009 and STILL NO NOD. It's nuts. We're moving anyway and renting this house out (with full disclosure that it will be going into f/closure). We're done with it!
          Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
          Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
          Case went without a hitch!
          I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X