Mortgage companies????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage companies????

Does anyone know..is EMC Mortgage & GMAC mortgage now the same company or owned together? This seems strange so bear with me. ...
    we pay our 1st mortgage to EMC Mortgage and missed the one payment before filing, which were told, no problem would be paid in with the arrears. Ok, no prob..paid since filing as stated.

The 2nd mortgage (that we are stripping the lien) was with GMAC Mortgage & we haven't paid that one since before filing, we are way upside down on the house.

Anywho...the info we are getting from an Attorney that was first a Proof of Claim, which states he is with Citibank as a Trustee for GMAC Mortgage (makes sense since the 2nd is what we were stripping).

Then the mailing a few weeks letter, from same ATTY which is the objection from them still says Citibank but seems confusing as it seems to be talking about the 1st mortgage not the 2nd??

Then on PACER it listed same ATTY as being a trustee for Citibank c/o EMC mortgage (who is our 1st mortgage NOT the 2nd) not c/o GMAC???

What in the world is going on? Is he representing both our mortgage companies? Is this something we should be worried about? It's almost like he thinks we are striping the 1st mortgage or is he representing both & EMC & GMAC mortgage are together now or something? I am very concerned that something is happening here & if this doesn't go our way, we will lose our home. Then adding with the BK, we will be unable to rent since our credit is now messed up. Please tell me I am worrying over nothing here! But this seems very odd to me, something just doesn't seem right.

From what I've found EMC is fully owned by Bear Stearns. I havent a clue why you'd have the same lawyer for both the 1st and 2nd - but FWIW - you cant strip a 1st mortgage in a BK - so I wouldnt worry about that aspect.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X