top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer will Bank of America wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much longer will Bank of America wait?

I have not made a payment in over a year on my 2nd house. The people who were renting it ( I had not collected rent in almost 10 months ) moved out this weekend without notice. I went to the house today to find some water damage.
    I intended to file a Ch13 in February but voluntarily dismissed it.
    The plan was and is still to surrender this 2nd home.
    Is it wrong to call BofA and tell them the house is empty and to come and get it?
    How much longer could they possibly wait? What do you think? I live in Michigan

Well I haven't paid on y rental property in 2 years and I am still waiting with Chase. You could Deed in Lieu with them but you may be looking at a deficiency that you would owe. I don't know your particulars or how much you owe, are upside down or whatever.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

I don;t think it would hurt to call and tell them the condition of the house and that it was vacant. They would still have to see it as being to their advantage to 'take over the house' depending on what you mean by that. They might not be willing to accept a DIL, btw, and in Michigan, there may be very little incentive for them to assume all the liability of vacant and damaged house. (particularly with winter approaching) ....just one opinion.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X