Confused about foreclosure from HELOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about foreclosure from HELOC

Ok, so weird stuff is going on. Filed ch 7 bk and discharged on July 1st 2010. Did not reaffirm mortgage or HELOC on house. Primary mortgage company filed foreclosure, AND HELOC bank filed foreclosure - but the first was not bought out by the second. Somewhere along the way we got something from the bank with HELOC that either withdrew their foreclosure or asked for judgment so they could get $ from the sheriff sale the first mortgage completes if any was leftover.

So, sheriff sale is set for October 12th from our primary mortgage company. Today I checked on the county website and I see a date of November 18th for sheriff sale from the bank that has the HELOC??? The October 12th date is still set from the first mortgage company.

Any comments about this? I'm totally confused by this, I thought the second had to buy out the first to foreclose - and I didn't think 2 different banks could foreclose on a house at the same time but separately??

Not that it matters since the debt has been discharged but I am a little confused by this. Thanks for any info...

which bank holds the HELOC ??
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

It's a small local bank.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X