top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after sheriff sale is confirmation hearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after sheriff sale is confirmation hearing?

Our home was sold at sheriff sale on Oct 12th. The bank that had the HELOC bought it for $1 over the first mortgage. Anyhoo ... how soon will the confirmation hearing occur? I have contacted the law firm for the mortgage co. and they have not been notified of a date from the sheriff's office. We are in Illinois. I called the clerk's office today and there is something scheduled on January 25th 2011 for a hearing on a motion. I don't think that is the confirmation hearing but I have no idea what it may be.

State Farm canceled our homeowners insurance b/c of the foreclosure so I am hopeful that the confirmation hearing and deed transfer occurs quickly. I am waiting to hear from State Farm if they might allow me to have liability insurance on the property only, so we don't need to worry about it until the deed is out of our names. The mortgage/HELOC were discharged in ch. 7

Does anyone have any recommendations for an insurance co. that will insure a home that is in the foreclosure process?

re: AbbyA....our home is in foreclosure, last payment Jan 2010 with Citigroup. We have not paid the homeowners insurance or the taxes. Now maybe someone on this forum can enlighten me, but I always understood that once the bank starts the foreclosure process the taxes and insurance on the property becomes their(banks) burden. Do a little fact checking. Perhaps paying homeowners insurance on a house you're losing is not the best option right now....

not an attorney...
    the recession has ended, but the depression continues....

Comment

Originally posted by AbbeyA View Post
      Our home was sold at sheriff sale on Oct 12th. The bank that had the HELOC bought it for $1 over the first mortgage. Anyhoo ... how soon will the confirmation hearing occur? I have contacted the law firm for the mortgage co. and they have not been notified of a date from the sheriff's office. We are in Illinois. I called the clerk's office today and there is something scheduled on January 25th 2011 for a hearing on a motion. I don't think that is the confirmation hearing but I have no idea what it may be.....
      In Illinois, I think only a few weeks from sheriffs sale... Jan 25 sounds way too far off, imo. Call clerks office again and make them read the specific motion heading again. Ask them if there is a hearing scheduled for confirmation of sale? You need to be very specific with them, particularly by phone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X