Moving Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Out

Hello. We have decided to walk away from our home before we need to. According to the lawyer, the sheriff sale is not scheduled until march 11. We decided to find a rental home and move now rather than live with the uncertainty of our living situation in the months to come. We have moved out, and I have cleaned the home spotless. I am planning on taking some final pictures and locking up the house. Should I send the pics, keys, and perhaps a letter stating that we have left the property to the banks lawyer? We cannot afford to keep 2 houses running, so I have turned off all off the utilities.
    Does this sound like the right procedure, or is there something else I should be doing? Thanks for any advice.

I see you are in Wisconsin, I am in Illinois> It was suggested to me to keep the heat going, set very low because of weather. Something you may want to check more into maybe. Also keep insured as your name is still on the title.

Comment

I would call the bank and tell them you want to move out and give back the keys back, ( act like you are still lving there) they may offer to give you cash for the keys. This worked for my neighbor, got 3000 . Worth a try,
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        I would call the bank and tell them you want to move out and give back the keys back, ( act like you are still lving there) they may offer to give you cash for the keys. This worked for my neighbor, got 3000 . Worth a try,
        Do you know what lender she was with? I may try the same thing once my case starts moving again.

Comment

Pinestate got bought out by Countrywide now BOA, first and Pinestate for second. She had no hardship at all, she just told them she was not paying due to crime in our neighborhood, ( they are both good jobs) They told her to try to short sell for 3mos, then at closing they would get 3000 , or if does not sell they will take keys with deed in lieu. The bank agreed to take 122 for a 1700 sq ft house 5yrs old with pool. unbelieveable. Shortsale. they owe 250.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
            Pinestate got bought out by Countrywide now BOA, first and Pinestate for second. She had no hardship at all, she just told them she was not paying due to crime in our neighborhood, ( they are both good jobs) They told her to try to short sell for 3mos, then at closing they would get 3000 , or if does not sell they will take keys with deed in lieu. The bank agreed to take 122 for a 1700 sq ft house 5yrs old with pool. unbelieveable. Shortsale. they owe 250.
            So did the home sold in a short sale? would a forclosure been better or about the same? That's quite amount of money to be stuck paying on something you don't own.

Comment

They had a couple come out last nite from UK, wanting to look at the house for 122, for just a vacation home so I think it is sold.
              A forclosure or deed in lu is same on your credit report. So really no benefit to helping out the bank and realtor make money. They just wanted 3000 they offered to sign the house back over to BOA. These people from UK have no idea how bad the neighborhood has gotten. They just think they are getting a fantasic deal..
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X