MI. Sheriff sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MI. Sheriff sale

I have done some searching on this board and have not found an answer to this as of yet. First let me that all people who read and respond, I have been this whole bankruptcy process with help from many people on this site. Your efforts and words of encouragement are very helpful.

My question is simple...we decalred BK and were released in July. House went to Sheriff sale in September, which gives us until February to stay in the house according to Michigan law. I did a search and found that the home is now title to FHLM, which from what I can tell is Freddie Mac. They must own my house now and I want to see what I can do to stay here until the summer. Has anyone else had an experience with their home selling to Freddie Mac? If so, how do you reach these people?

Thanks,
    Erik

Has Freddie verified occupancy yet? My experience was with Fannie Mae, and we started negotiations when they approached the property to verify occupancy. They sent a realtor to do so. I did call Fannie directly to verify who they had assigned their property to. I'd suggest calling Freddie's 800 number, tell them you live in a bank owned home and would like to negotiate/discuss next steps. This is, however, a double edged sword. This call and the attention to you property might spur them to move faster....it's a gamble.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks for the response. No, we have not heard a peep from ANYONE since the Sheriff sale, nothing at all..which I find very strange. I'm wondering if we have been lost in the shuffle somewhere. I understand the double edge sword, but it would be nice to know if someone is going to come knocking when our redemption period is up. I'm thinking they may like to have someone in the house during the winter months...not sure if they care about stuff like that or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X