Massachusetts Foreclosure Timeline & Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massachusetts Foreclosure Timeline & Process

Does anyone have info specific to (western) Massachusetts? I know MA is a non-judicial, recourse state; I think I read that there is a somewhat new law requiring a 6 month waiting period. I'm thinking - BK7, and move on - but I'd like to know the process, time line and how much time one has from the decision to stop paying until move-out.

Thanks in advance for info. Happy New Year!

I stopped paying my Wells Fargo mortgage in July. Haven't heard much from them. My lawyer suggested that it would take about a year in total for the forclosure process. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot longer.
    Filed 7/20
    Discharged 10/26

Comment

Go through this link, it might help you: http://www.*************************...sure-timeline/
      URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Thanks loneranger, and goody, maybe you could private message me the link. I've read that a bank has to confirm (under the soldiers and sailors relief act) that the MA debtor is not in the military service before it can proceed w/ foreclosure. That goes through Land Court and the backlog is running 4 1/2 months.

Comment

My apologies to the moderator for violating the rule of not posting links. So i am sending this link privately, I hope it is all right.
          URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X