top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAS anyone here been foreclosed on by Beneficial? and/or in Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAS anyone here been foreclosed on by Beneficial? and/or in Minnesota?

Just looking for others experience. My chap 7 was discharged 12/09 and closed 9/10. Did not re-affirm with beneficial mortgage and kept payed until last month. Wondering how long it will take them to send a notice of default.

Thanks in advance for any advice, or relaying your experiences

Minnesota normally is around 12 months but don't know about Beneficial. If you are anywhere close to a Lutheran Social Services Office or St Paul Foreclose Prevention, they can give you an estimate. They gave me a timeline but can't guarantee it holds for all cases. 6 months is the normal time to get notice of a Sheriff's sale and then you have a 6-month redemption period - IF everything is still the same. I haven't paid since June and still do not have a notice for a Sheriff's sale so not sure what they are following right now.

Check with either of those two offices and you will know more.

Comment

Thank you discouraged. And thanks for the info

Comment

On mine (with a different lender) I stopped paying the first after the July 2010 payment, received NOD in September, was referred to a foreclosure attorney in early December, was served notice of sheriff's sale late December for sale date in early February with redemption deadline in early August (sheriff's sale since postponed because I threw sand in the gears).

Assuming you paid January, I would say the NOD would be likely in March and the sheriff's sale would be sometime in the summer.
        C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
        Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Your house must be a lot better than mine! Still no notice of Sheriff's sale and last payment was June 2010. Of course, mine is underwater by 60,000 or so - half of what it supposedly was worth when I bought it 7 years ago.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am hoping it takes awhile, but with my luck, they will move fast so I have less time to find another place, lol.
            So, the notice of default is only the beginning, and from then until notice of sheriffs sale could be 3 months?
            IV65536, wondering if you could share what you mean by throwing sand in their gears? (delay tactic?),

Comment

Originally posted by chap7girl View Post
              Thanks guys. I am hoping it takes awhile, but with my luck, they will move fast so I have less time to find another place, lol.
              So, the notice of default is only the beginning, and from then until notice of sheriffs sale could be 3 months?
              IV65536, wondering if you could share what you mean by throwing sand in their gears? (delay tactic?),
              chap7girl: check your PM's.
              C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
              Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X