top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rejected for HAMP by Chase - can we reapply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected for HAMP by Chase - can we reapply?

We received a letter from Chase today stating that we did not qualify for the HAMP because they did not receive the necessary documentation.

My question: Does this mean that we can't reapply?

My neighbor has Chase and he's on his 6th or 7th home mod application. Every time he gets turned down, they tell him to apply again. He's been at it for almost 3 years now.

With the guidelines that went into effect for HAMP mid-2010, all documentation must be submitted with the application - or the application won't even be considered. It is odd that you wouldn't have known right up front that there was an issue with missing documentation. Are you sure you're not applying for one of Chase's many in-house modification programs instead of HAMP? It just seems to be a bit "off."
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Thanks, Peeps. The letter expressly states: "We have determined that you do not qualify for a modification through the federal government's Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) at this time." Then it goes on to state the reason was because we did not supply the requested documents. This has been going on for months and it feels like every month they are asking for the same documentation. We're working through a company that has been helping with the loan mod process and will speak with them on Monday.

Comment

I've heard it's very normal to be required to resubmit all documentation every 60 days. Since it gets "lost" so often, a lot of people are having luck just proactively sending everything (certified mail, of course) every 30 days. Sorry to hear you're getting the runaround... it's par for the course from what I've heard. Hang in there.
        OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Our mod was through BofA, but we also submitted multiple times before we were offered a mod we were happy w/.

Comment

Thank you for giving me hope!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X