top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they more likely to send NOD if you are paying on a discharged mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they more likely to send NOD if you are paying on a discharged mortgage?

Just wondering if anyone with this experience can share their experiences.
    Has anyone that filed chap 7, stated intention to reaffirm, but did not reaffirm, then keep paying the morgage for a year before stopping payments on the discharged loan notice if the banks are more likely to start the foreclosure process sooner? Like because you aren't liable for the debt, is their way of thinking that they want to kick you to the curb faster?
    Does this make any sense, lol

My thinking is the moment my first nonpayment is past the 15 day grace period they are going to send the NOD and notice of forclosure?

From my experience and what I have read they don't send a NOD unless you are past due.. As strange as it is, its business as usual when you include your house in your Ch7 and keep paying your mortgage.. It just accelerates faster when you do stop paying as you don't have a reaffirmation agreement.. My lawyer said as they just passes with autos, the mortgage companies are trying to push mandatory reaffirmation agreements when you include your house in a Ch 7.. But it hasn't happen yet!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X