No announcement yet.

Sombody just took a photo of my house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was likely an agent doing a drive by BPO (broker price opinion) on your property for the mortgage company. Or someone doing an occupancy check. Mortgage companies typically do several BPOs on a property at various stages of default. They will do at least one at the 90 day mark and two at the 180 day mark.

Comment

I was 3 months behind, about $6,000 grand in arrears when I received the papers, but I was only 7 days late when I filed Chapter 7. As soon as your filing is reported in Bankruptcy Court, you receive an Automatic Stay, which prevents the Bank from foreclosing and anyone else from taking any collection action towards you. PNC had to file the Lift of Stay and Permission to Foreclose with the court because I was behind and they wanted permission to lift me from the protection of the Bankruptcy Court. My attorney filed an opposition to it, and the hearing keeps getting pushed out because PNC's attorney is having trouble getting a hold of them to decide if they want to withdraw! It's pushed out to the end of February, which is now most likely going to be past my discharge date, so in my case, my attorney said since I'm now current, and if my discharge happens before the hearing, we're going to withdraw my opposition and battle with them in State Court if they still want to foreclose. They didn't tell me to vacate at this time, they only want permission to go to court to file Foreclosure against me at this time, so I don't have an answer for you for that.

Every states laws are different, so I would suggest you go and take advantage of a free consult with 2 or 3 BK attorneys where you live and discuss your situations and the best route to go, and do it soon.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Thank you BKorbust and BrokeinMD. I greatly appreciate your help.

Comment

Good luck, and keep us posted.
          Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Will do! ;-)

Comment

Probably just looking for residence evidence. Asset seizure law is obviously different from state to state.
              [URL Removed by Admin]

Comment

I had a guy stop by and take a picture not too long after the foreclosure process started..that was about 8 months ago. Filed 7 in Nov, now a 13, and was told yesterday some people came by my house while I was at work and took some pictures. I also just received paperwork about a mediation hearing set for March 3rd that same day. Which is odd because I am surrendering my house in the 13 which will take a couple months to confirm.

Comment

They did this several times on our home when we lived there. Freaked me out the first time and I called the police. I was a stay at home mom at the time and had no idea why this person was learking around my yard. They even went in my back yard to take pictures. Some times the people would know and ask if they could go around back and take pics, I said yes. In my mind I knew we would not keep our home.

Ok, I have to get to 15 posts this is 11. So that I can post links on my topic. Crazy but Im sure its to prevent bots.

Comment

Just had a lady take a picture of our house yesterday. I talked with her about what she was doing. She was verifying occupancy for the mortgage holder. She said it would be something that would happen monthly.

We had a deadline to pay all past due by February 3rd. The very next day they were out to verify occupancy.
                    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
                    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X