top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase sent me NOTICE OF NEW CREDITOR... and it's Chase?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase sent me NOTICE OF NEW CREDITOR... and it's Chase?!?

I received the following in the snail mail:

"Account ending in: xxxx
    Date of Loan: xx/xx/xxxx
    Original Amount of Loan: $000,000

Mortgage Property Address: 1313 Mockingbird Lane Delusionville, WA

Subject: Notice of new creditor

We are sending you this Notice in accordance with the requirements of the "Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009." Your mortgage loan (referenced above) has been sold or transferred to JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. ("Chase"). Chase is the new creditor of your loan.

*This Notice is for informational purposes only.
    *You are not required to take any action as a result of this Notice.
    *This Notice does not affect the servicing of your mortgage loan or change your servicer. Please continue to make payments on your mortgage loan to your current servicer at the same address to which you were instructed by your servicer to make payments (unless or until you are advised differently by your servicer). Any mortgage payments that are not timely sent to your servicer may result in late fees and other charges.
    *This Notice does not affect your enrollment or participation in any Services or Programs offered through Chase."

On the reverse side it gives the info (paraphrased) about the (1)"New Creditor", (2) the date of sale to the "New Creditor", (4)the entity acting as agent for the "New Creditor" then below are the last 2 items listed:

"(4) Evidence of transfer of ownership of your mortgage loan or the instrument securing your mortgage loan is recorded in the land records of the country in which the mortgaged property is located."

(5) Any investor or creditor that purchases your loan is required under federal law to give you written notice. If you have questions concerning this Notice please feel free to contact us at:" 1-800-CHASE-SUX

Why would Chase sell it to itself? Is this weird or am I just paranoid since I am still under the automatic stay until mid-March.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Probably selling itself to a in house BK dept. BOA did the same thing to me.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

check the name/address on your original payment stub. When my HSBC 2nd charged off, I got that same notice that stated my account was being transfered from HSBC mortgage, Fla. to HSBC bank, NY. not sure of the significance, but i think it has something to do with how the banks move losses aound on paper
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Ours was with Chase, then they moved it to LBPS which is also owned by Chase. Our attorney said they like to do that so it is off the books of "chase" but still their loan in a different department. Once our loan was switched to LBPS, it stayed with them for about 8 months and then was switched to a trustee company and will go up for auction in a few months. Phew. I'm so glad it is over.

Comment

Originally posted by flower04 View Post
          Ours was with Chase, then they moved it to LBPS which is also owned by Chase. Our attorney said they like to do that so it is off the books of "chase" but still their loan in a different department. Once our loan was switched to LBPS, it stayed with them for about 8 months and then was switched to a trustee company and will go up for auction in a few months. Phew. I'm so glad it is over.
          That makes sense!

Thanks for all the responses!! I appreciate them.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X