Code violation 1 week before sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code violation 1 week before sale

We are one week from the Sherifs sale. We just got a code violation one week before our sale date. (over grown law)
    Is whom ever buys the house responsible? The city where the hous is is broke aod they hand out code violations like candy.

This is something that you will need to search through your state Statutes, and then the local municipal codes for your city. I am assuming from your post, that you are no longer in that city. Try this link to search for your city:

Please be aware that not all cities or towns subscribe to municode.com. If yours doesn't, then you will need to contact the city's code enforcement office and talk with them.

Good luck.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Where you notified first? If not, they have no standing. You have a right for a hearing before a Magistrate, (a lawyer to hear your case, no big deal), and if that has not been offered, forget about it. Your house is being sold because you don't own it anymore. What can they really do? Got to be more to this, and if not, you don't have a problem. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Whoever buys the house normally buys the problems and code violations. If you are not the owner of record, then the code department must start over with the new owner.

That "should" be how it works, but your mileage may vary.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I received a code violation after I first moved into my house for the lawn but it was just a warning and I took care of it before it became an active violation. They should have issued you a warning I would think. Here what they do is if you don't take care of the problem, the city does it and fines you what they feel it cost them to do it.

Comment

To paraphrase a famous commercial-"what about a mower?"-can't you just get someone to mow the lawn to remedy the situation? Seems like a quick and easy and relatively inexpensive way just to get the sale done with no fuss,no muss.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X