Help, just getting started with bk, house going to auction 6/10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, just getting started with bk, house going to auction 6/10/11

Help I am new at this and not understanding every thing.
    I just started filling out paperwork and getting everything together to take to a attorney last week and today I got a letter stating my house is going to auction 6/10/11.
    Sucks- I am 4 months behind (I have a friend that is 9 months and one that is 11 and nothing from there lenders) But any ways do I have to be moved out by the auction date? Someone told me it is different in every state- I am in Arizona.

Welcome to the forum!

No, you don't have to move out by auction date. Many a times (depends a lot on state/district/area) the sales get postponed, but don't count on it just yet...generally speaking, one doesn't have to move while the deed is still in their name, which can take a month or more after the actual sale...

If you file BK that will stop all foreclosure proceedings for a month or two, presuming you'd be filing Ch. 7 and surrendering the house. In case you're intent on keeping the house, you'd have to file Ch. 13 and include the mortgage arrears in your repayment plan.

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Possession is a powerful thing. You live in the house = you have possession. It doesn't matter if they auction it or not, you still have possession. Make them evict you.........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yes I agree there is no hurry to move out till your house is in your name. You will have enough time to decide on a proper course of action. Whether you want to file bk or let your house foreclose.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Originally posted by cin6004 View Post
          Help I am new at this and not understanding every thing.
          I just started filling out paperwork and getting everything together to take to a attorney last week and today I got a letter stating my house is going to auction 6/10/11.
          Sucks- I am 4 months behind (I have a friend that is 9 months and one that is 11 and nothing from there lenders) But any ways do I have to be moved out by the auction date? Someone told me it is different in every state- I am in Arizona.
          After the auction date, you would still have probably at least a month, two, three to stay in the house. I am in a similar position and am hoping when I have to leave that they offer me a cash for keys deal.

Once you file bk, you will stop the auction sale date for a period of time. In California, my bk took many months, e.g. one month until the 341 hearing, then 3 months after until it was discharged. Then 2 weeks later, they posted the auction date. So bk will buy you extra time.

You can also try to work out a loan mod deal with the lender, but it probably won't go through, but it may stall the auction date while they review your paperwork.

Comment

Thank you all. I have been working on a loan mod for over a year, all they do is have me send them the same paperwork over and over and over again. Right now I am about ready to give up my house-just did not want to do it quite that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cin6004 View Post
              Thank you all. I have been working on a loan mod for over a year, all they do is have me send them the same paperwork over and over and over again. Right now I am about ready to give up my house-just did not want to do it quite that soon.
              There are other strategies you can use to stay longer, especially if you are in a judicial state. You can go to court and challenge the foreclosure, ask for more time, etc. You can ask the mortgage company if you can do a short sell of the house (and if they say yes, that will buy you a little while longer). You can keep calling about the loan mod in hope they will delay the auction date while processing the paperwork, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X