top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this foreclosure stall tactic work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this foreclosure stall tactic work?

I live in Los Angeles, California (a non-judicial foreclosure state).

After being 8 months behind in my Bank Of America mortgage payments, my Notice of Default arrived on Friday (08-18-11), and it was filed on March 8th. So I now have less than 90 days before the Trustee Sale phase starts.

Since I have become a victim of The Great Recession and getting laid off mid last year, I am still holding onto hope that I will get a job soon in order to still try to save my home . . . as long as I can stall the foreclosure in some way or with a bankruptcy. Right now, I have heard that the "Show me the note." tactic is not working out too well nowadays, as lenders are now wise to this, and now they often have the note available on demand at the time the NOD is issued. But I figure if I file for BK near the Trustee Sale date, that might buy me some more time in my house, but I am not sure how long a BK 7 or 13 will allow me to hold onto my house.

Needless to say, not really knowing what I should do right now, I have been desperate to come up with a good foreclosure stall tactic, so I came across this one company (during an online search), and this company claims they can do the following (for monthly payment of less than $200, I think). However I just wanted to post their claim here, and see if anyone of you are familiar with California foreclosure laws enough to tell if this tactic might work.

One other thing, I am not sure if I would actually do business with this company, however if this seems like a doable option, then I may hire a lawyer and consider trying the method this company is trying to sell.

Please review and advise. Thank you.

“Understand, that we can speak only in general terms so as not to reveal the specifics of our solution (we’ve actually had lawyers call in trying to learn how to do what we do). When the banks are taking your home, they check to make sure that the title of your home is clear. Which means that it’s just your name(s) on the title. When your title is clear, it makes it easier for them to foreclose on your home. Now on the morning of the trustee sale, they check the title one more time just to make sure nothing additional such as a lien or something else came in. If something else has come in on the title, the sale date has to be rescheduled.

So what we do is right before the Trustee sale date, we put the house in a specially designed trust so that both your name and the specially designed trust is on the title. Now the bank can’t sell your home until this is addressed. Their legal team instantly goes to work on “piercing the trust”. And they will do it…it’s just a matter of time. Once they “pierce the trust”, they set a new Trustee sale date. Yet while the bank’s legal team is maneuvering, our team is counter-maneuvering to tie the bank’s legal team up in administrative red tape. So we draw the entire process out. By the time the bank’s legal team is ready to set the new Trustee sale date to sell your home, our clients report anywhere from 3 to 7 months have passed! In some cases, it took up to 2 years!

Now the bank is happy to reschedule a new sale date on your home. They’re ready to start counting the money that they’re going to make from selling your home. Yet right before the new sale date, we launch the same strategy all over again. This time with a new trust! So now the bank’s legal team has to start all over again from scratch.

We simply keep doing this process over and over and over again postponing the Trustee sale date for up to 3 years. Anytime within that 3 year period, you can enroll in our "program” and get your mortgage greatly reduced or get your home “free and clear”."
    Last edited by BrokeIn2011; 03-21-2011, 11:13 AM.

What a scam. They will take your house right out from underneath you.

Basically, you will need to convey title to the "trust", but who is the trustee and now who owns the home....NOT YOU. The trust then "evicts" you. (okay, so that is worse case scenario).

As for the title check claim, honestly, I doubt it matters (or works)...the foreclosure process allows the bank to take title to the house adverse to any other owners so long as no one has a superior lien. Other title holders may only have a right of redemption, but there is no necessary reason why the foreclosure would be stalled if an updated title transfer appeared in a record search (that is what insurance is for).

I suppose you could test this...find someone you trust, quit claim the property to that person (or a portion of it) right before foreclosure and see what happens?

It is really the last claim that gives this away as a total scam
    "We simply keep doing this process over and over and over again postponing the Trustee sale date for up to 3 years. Anytime within that 3 year period, you can enroll in our "program” and get your mortgage greatly reduced or get your home “free and clear”.
    Just isn't happening.
    Last edited by HHM; 03-22-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Hi - very tired right now, but I think "helpme2010" is in CA and has been stalling their foreclosure somewhat successfully - try looking for their posts on this forum. Good Luck!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

In NJ we have a county task force to help avert foreclosure-- it's free and can buy a little time. Perhaps there is something similar there?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
          Hi - very tired right now, but I think "helpme2010" is in CA and has been stalling their foreclosure somewhat successfully - try looking for their posts on this forum. Good Luck!
          hey chicagoannie. Yes, filing the chapter 7 is your first stall tactic. It will buy you 3 - 6 months probably. It took me one month after filing for the 341 hearing, then 3 months after for the discharge, so it bought me 4 months. They then gave me 2 weeks notice for a trustee date and would not work with me on a loan mod, saying there wasn't enough time, so I filed a chapter 13 which buys another 2 or 3 months. I am awaiting their decision on my loan mod package and hoping I can get a 6 month forbearance plan with lower monthly payments.

I too am looking for a job an d trying to stay in this house until I can find a job.

Comment

brokein2011, I suggest you consult with a good bk attorney. The attorney will provide better and safer alternatives than using some company like the one you mention that will very likely take your money and burn you.

Comment

I sincerely apologize to you all for my taking so long to reply back and I also thank you all for being so nice and kind to help me on this subject, however the past few weeks have been a nightmare for me (as some of you now already know, from my prior postings today). Today is the first day that I have been able to make it back to the forums, to reply back and thank you for your help.

I have been tending to a semi-invalid 91 year friend all this year, then I came down with a bad cold 2 weeks ago, my car broke down on me twice (since I made my original posting) and I did not have the money to get it fixed right away both times, and I have been very down and glum over my financial situation. Yet at least I had enough money yesterday to get my car fixed, so now I have a car again.

Based on what you four have shared, it has been a big help. Thank you so very much for your help :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                What a scam. They will take your house right out from underneath you.

Basically, you will need to convey title to the "trust", but who is the trustee and now who owns the home....NOT YOU. The trust then "evicts" you. (okay, so that is worse case scenario).

As for the title check claim, honestly, I doubt it matters (or works)...the foreclosure process allows the bank to take title to the house adverse to any other owners so long as no one has a superior lien. Other title holders may only have a right of redemption, but there is no necessary reason why the foreclosure would be stalled if an updated title transfer appeared in a record search (that is what insurance is for).

I suppose you could test this...find someone you trust, quit claim the property to that person (or a portion of it) right before foreclosure and see what happens?

It is really the last claim that gives this away as a total scam

Just isn't happening.
                HHM, I could quit claim my house over to one of my brothers, however since I have credit card collection companies after me right and left and above and below, they could yell fraudulent transfer of property.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                  hey chicagoannie. Yes, filing the chapter 7 is your first stall tactic. It will buy you 3 - 6 months probably. It took me one month after filing for the 341 hearing, then 3 months after for the discharge, so it bought me 4 months. They then gave me 2 weeks notice for a trustee date and would not work with me on a loan mod, saying there wasn't enough time, so I filed a chapter 13 which buys another 2 or 3 months. I am awaiting their decision on my loan mod package and hoping I can get a 6 month forbearance plan with lower monthly payments.

I too am looking for a job an d trying to stay in this house until I can find a job.
                  Hey there Helpme2010, I will take your recommendation about seeing a BK lawyer, however in my case, since I already have my NOD that was filed on March 8th, I want to do whatever I can do to stall my foreclosure, because my family may be able to help me . . . it just may take some time to find a family member with that type of money. Yet I am hoping to file a BK 13, because I want to keep the house "if I can", but I know that I can not do a BK 13 now, because I am unemployed and I have no unemployment insurance/benefits, no income. Yet I am hoping that filing a BK 13 at least may buy me another month or two, if the BK lawyer can drag it out, while I work on other ways to try to save my house. Yet I figure if I did a BK 7, it would kill all chances of saving my house, especially with the NOD filed already. Though I know that it is unlikely to save my house without a job, but at least attempting to do a BK 13 just before the Trustee Sale date, "may" buy me some more time, as I try to get help from my family. Yet it would be good to know how you used a BK 7 at first, if you wanted to save your home and you do not have a job. In my case, I will be telling my family about my NOD this coming weekend, so that is my start to try to get family help. If that fails, I have family back east, so I can "try" to shake those family trees as well. LOL!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X