California trustee sale question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California trustee sale question.

Since receiving my NOD a few weeks ago, here in California (a non-judicial foreclosure state), I am aware that based on the California foreclosure timeline, I knew that I had until early June before my Trustee Sale would take place. So needless to say, I have been receiving all kinds of junk mail from lawyers and assorted companies trying to sell their services to stop or help in my upcoming foreclosure.

Now with that being said, I just received a piece of junk mail from a lawyer (another stop foreclosure offer) that is telling me that my trustee has filed a Notice of Trustee Sale with Los Angeles County, and that my residence will be sold on 07/06/2011. It was nice to learn that I "may" have at least an extra month than I had planned to stay in my home, but I have not received anything from the trustee telling me about the actual trustee sale date, as I did not expect to hear anything from the trustee with a sale date until around May 8th.

Yet according to the California foreclosure timeline, I have at least 3 months (90 days) before the Trustee Sale can take place, with following happening 20 days prior to Sale Date:

1. Begin publishing Notice Of Sale in an adjudicated newspaper. (must run once a week for 3 consecutive weeks).

2. Post the Notice of Sale on the property itself.

3. Mail Notice of Sale to the trustor and all other parties to which the Notice of Default was mailed as required under Section 2924 (b) (1).

So did I miss something? As I only received my NOD on March 9th, since the NOD was filed on the March 8th. Yet now, it seems that somehow some outside company has got information that I do not have . . . the notice information of my Trustee Sale. So now it makes me wonder what will happen next, i.e. will someone come out earlier to post a notice on my door and post the sale in a newspaper more than 20 days prior to the sale date. Yet since I received this information via junk mail from that lawyer, I have no idea if the information about my sale date is valid, since I have not received anything from the trustee.

Your thoughts?

These lawyers are using your NOD date to project when the earliest an actual Trustee Sale would occur. The actual Notice of Trustee Sales cannot be filed until the expiration of the NOD. Since the NOD will not expire until June 8th no Notice of Trustee Sale will be filed until after then.
    Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
    341 Meeting - 7/31/08
    Discharged - 9/30/08
    Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

I sincerely apologize for taking so long to reply back and I also thank you Slam22 for being so nice and kind to help me on this subject, however the past few weeks have been a nightmare for me.

I have been tending to a semi-invalid 91 year friend all this year, then I came down with a bad cold 2 weeks ago, my car broke down on me twice (since I made my original posting) and I did not have the money to get it fixed right away both times, and I have been very down and glum over my financial situation. Yet at least I had enough money yesterday to get my car fixed, so now I have a car again.

Based on what you have shared, it has been a big help. Thank you so very much for your help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X