top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sister's house in foreclosure. Other owner died. Bank won't give her info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sister's house in foreclosure. Other owner died. Bank won't give her info.

My sister owned a home with her ex boyfriend. They broke up a couple of years ago and she moved out. It was not a good break up and he was threatening toward her afterward. He wasn't paying the mortgage regularly and has been in pre foreclosure several times. She receives some emails from their web site about account information and had been receiving phone calls. She finally told them to stop calling her and they did.

Unfortunately he died a couple of weeks ago. His mother and family removed everything from the house. She has tried to contact the bank to find out the status of the mortgage but they won't talk to her. Even though she provides them with her Social Security Number they require a password. Apparently he changed the password so she cannot get any further information.

How can she get information on the mortgage and find out how close to foreclosure the house may be (she wants to save her credit but may not be able to) if they won't talk to her by phone? She can't even get online access either. (The mortgage was originally with Countrywide but Bank of America bought out the loan so although the bank contacts her via email she can't seem to get access online.)

Are you saying she is on the mortgage? Is she also on the Deed? If she is on either, she has legal right to know the condition of her property. She needs a lawyer letter to a bank officer. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If her name is on the mortgage, the bank has no choice but to give her information once it is proven who she is. This can't be done over the phone, she will need to go in person.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X