Loan mod and NOD with Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan mod and NOD with Chase

We are pursuing a loan mod with Chase. On 4/18 they sent a letter asking for additional documentation. I just found out that on 4/13 they filed a NOD.

I was under the impression that a bank could not pursue a foreclosure while a loan modification was under consideration. We have not paid our mortgage since about a year ago and live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Can someone please clarify if Chase can legally file a NOD while we are still in the process of attempting to obtain a loan mod?

My understanding is they can still continue with the foreclosure. All of your paperwork probably says that you are still responsible for making your payments even though you are trying to do a loan mod.
    Filed 11/2007 Ch.7
    Discharge 2/2008

Comment

From what I've read on this forum, Chase is known for double dealing in this manner.

They can do whatever they want. They're too big to fail, remember?

Good luck.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X