top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible the bank will never foreclose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
    Our problem is we just stopped paying (June 11 - filed BK in July) so we are just getting back on our feet and started saving. I plan on paying myself rent for as long as possbile. DH is hoping at least 2 years but I told him if we find one in the neighborhood we want then I'm ok with leaving the house early. To me having a decent rent is more important than saving.
    You could choose to fight it and drag it out as long as possible. 2 years of savings could put a nice downpayment on another place down the road. Minimum I would have at least 6 months savings before I would move for emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
      You could choose to fight it and drag it out as long as possible. 2 years of savings could put a nice downpayment on another place down the road. Minimum I would have at least 6 months savings before I would move for emergencies.
      If they try to rush our FC I plan on fighting it. We are 120K underwater in a crappy neighborhood so I doubt they will move quick. The house acrossed the street from me just sold for 99K (org 267K) after sitting empty for 2 years.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Cory -
        I'm in middle district florida (pinellas county) and our mortgage is E*Trade. I really don't understand why they wouldn't WANT the house - it is in good condition. Maybe they just have too many in that area??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X