Abandoned property maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned property maintenance

In my Chapter 7 / foreclosure saga, I abandoned my house and moved out i October 2010. Even if I surrendered the property, Bank of America didn't do anything until now and the deed is still under my name.

The HOA keeps sending me letters about the weeds in the front lawn (that I have to remove).

The question is: who is responsible for this? I just don't see myself sending gardeners to clean until BofA takes possession. The fact that I'm close to food stamps after Ch 7 really doesn't matter anymore.
    Ch.7 filed: 2/23/2011 Discharged: 7/7/2011 Asset: Yes Case Closed: 7/30/2013

Originally posted by stanpendula View Post
    In my Chapter 7 / foreclosure saga, I abandoned my house and moved out i October 2010. Even if I surrendered the property, Bank of America didn't do anything until now and the deed is still under my name.

The HOA keeps sending me letters about the weeds in the front lawn (that I have to remove).

The question is: who is responsible for this? I just don't see myself sending gardeners to clean until BofA takes possession. The fact that I'm close to food stamps after Ch 7 really doesn't matter anymore.
    OK, I think some things have changed. It was our consensus that until your name is off the deed, you should keep insurance for your protection. As far as the grass with an HOA forget it. They are sterile and if the lien-ed the house that is BOAs problem. In FL and I know other states now, if the place is abandoned, the banks hire a caretaking firm that posts a sticker on the front door stating (and don't hold me to quotes" "This appears that this house has been vacated. In X days you must inform us if this is not true or we will have the locks changed and the house secured and insured". So, inform BOA by certified letter that you have moved. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The insurance thing is done: I received letters from my insurance company, from BofA ... now there is a lenders' insurance or something like this. BofA knows that I'm out, but not so very official. It might be worth a call and a letter.
      Thank you.
      Ch.7 filed: 2/23/2011 Discharged: 7/7/2011 Asset: Yes Case Closed: 7/30/2013

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X