Help! Foreclosure is being "initiated" by NDEx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Foreclosure is being "initiated" by NDEx

I stopped paying my first and 2nd mortgages last Feb 2011 after losing my roommate and having my monthly payments increase (a whopping loss of $1150/month!). I'm planning on filing bk in July, hopefully Ch 7, but may very well get switched to Ch 13 due to my high income (I wish they took a 5 year average - I'd be way under the mean!)

I received 2 identical letters today from NDEx West saying they have "been authorized by the Servicer/Creditor to initiate foreclosure of a Deed of Trust associated with a real property loan. The current creditor to whom the Debt is owed is U.S. Bank National Association, As Trustee for Citigroup Mortgage Loan Trust Series 2005-9. The loan is being serviced by America's Servicing Company."
    I'm confused : I thought my lender was Wells Fargo. I don't know what Citigroup has to do with anything....they go on to say...

"Unless, within thirty days after you receive this letter you dispute the validity of the Debt or any part of it, NDEx will assume that the debt is valid." blah blah blah.....

Am I going to get a Notice of Default soon???? Seems awfully quick - I thought here in California, I had about 6 months before I would even get a Notice of Default. Is a Notice of Default required???? This doesn't look like a very official letter, but I'm a little sick over it...

Any advice re: whether this is a scare tactic or I'm going to be getting a Notice of Default soon.... Thanks....

Send them a debt validation request, have them prove that they are actually in charge of collecting the debt. If nothing else, you'll buy some time, and get an idea where you stand...

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X