Wrong house getting foreclosure postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong house getting foreclosure postings

Not sure if anyone has any advice on this one. Some friends of mine bought a house in a new development a few years ago. When the properties were assigned street numbers the county made a mistake and mislabeled my friends house. When they figured it out, the county came out and moved the house numbers from the house next door to my friends house and then assigned a new address to the other house. Of course that all happened after financing was in place for both houses so all of the original loan documents reference the previous street addresses.

Now, the house next door is in foreclosure and my friends are getting all of the postings since their current address is the former address of the house in foreclosure. To add to all of the stress and frustration, my friends were told by a realtor that there is a strong possibility that their house could get re-keyed as things progress. The only suggestions were to switch the house numbers back, or maybe post the information on their house explaining the situation and hope that they don't get locked out.

Has anyone else heard of a similar situation and maybe have any advice on how to get it resolved? They've tried contacting the loan servicer to no avail.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

I would say try to contact the local media - they would LOVE this sort of story, and complain as loudly to anyone and everyone that they can, AND threaten to sue the cr*p off of anyone involved.

BE LOUD!!! BE NOTICED!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X