Online Mortgage Bill After Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Mortgage Bill After Discharge

I surrendered the house in my discharged chap 7. The bank stArted the foreclosure process after receiving permission from bankruptcy court but I have not heard from the bank for almost a year and foreclosure is stuck in foreclosure mess. They stopped sending statements since bankruptcy filing

I was just checking my regular checking account with the same bank and I noticed they just posted online a huge amount of past due on my discharged mortgage account

I was wondering if someone else had this experience. My lawyer and all others agree that since discharge I owe nothing to bank and all they can do is foreclose on property. I think that this is a mistake by the bank. Any comments?

They can list the past due on the account... they can't take any action to collect it, other than process their foreclosure rights, though. What they can't do is report it as anything other than IIB (included in bankruptcy) on your credit report.

Having just posted it online to your account might indicate that they are about to sort out their mess and take action though. The paperwork for a foreclosure needs to show the amounts involved for which the house is being taken.
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X