Incorrect Parcel ID on Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Parcel ID on Mortgage

Hello. We filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and did not reaffirm our house and are now in the process of doing a deed-in-lieu. I got the deed-in-lieu papers today and they say that we are agreeing that we are aware that the mortgage documents had an incorrect parcel identification number on them and that if we sign these documents that we "waive the right to challenge the enforceability of the note, mortgage, and/or the documents listed in paragraph 1 above based on the scrivenor's error." Should we agree to this or does this scrivenor's error make our mortgage an unsecured debt? Could someone explain this to me please? We are supposed to have these documents returned to them by Monday and they are offering us $3000 in relocation money. What should we do? Do we technically have an invalid mortgage, which means that we don't owe anything and they can't foreclose on us? I noticed that the mortgage company did not file a claim on our claims register? I am so confused. Can anyone provide insight on this?

Originally posted by indianamom View Post
    Do we technically have an invalid mortgage, which means that we don't owe anything and they can't foreclose on us?
    Sigh......... If you will look thru your paperwork, you will also find an errors and omissions document that you signed, stating that you will resign any documents that have errors and need to be corrected.

Your mortgage is not invalid, you owe it, and yes, they can foreclose on you.

Don't believe all of the hype about mortgages that the snake oil salesmen are hawking.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X