weird statement from our helot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird statement from our helot

I haven't received a statement from them in some time (since we filed BK, even though the automatic stay was lifted for them).

It has lots of fees and interest and waivers of stuff, and ends with bringing the note back to its original principal value and asking for $1799 to cover all that and the past dues.

Umm.. we're surrendering the house, and it's underwater. BITE ME.

Ack, HELOT = HELOC, but I can't edit the title
    Last edited by StartinOver; 08-02-2011, 08:12 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

I like your response. AND CONGRATULATIONS on your discharge!!!!

Comment

startinover, I hope the statement also included the "statement" if you have filed bk, this is for informational purposes only, etc, etc, or I believe you could take that as them still asking/badgering you for money against the bk court rules. Perhaps you could tell the bk judge this and they could be fined and you could receive some $. Of course this would entail going back to court, but I would save it if I were you, in case they continue to attempt to collect a discharged debt~!~

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X