I'm afraid to bite the bullet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid to bite the bullet!

The house is discharged and not reaffirmed. I don't intend to stay in it for an extended time, but while I'm here I'd like to save up some money. I haven't missed any payments…yet. I'm afraid that they move quickly on it so I'm reluctant to take a chance on it…with that being said, I've been keeping the payments up.

Has anyone had any experience with a Wells Fargo foreclosure in Mississippi? What seems to be the timeline between the first missed payment and no longer being able to remain in the house?

Any help/experience would be appreciated!!!

Our foreclosure was with WF in Tennessee. From NOD to foreclosure (original foreclosure date) was 2 months, but then the sale was postponed for another 2. I'd caught up payments in Feb of that year, then missed again by April due to unemployment. First sale date was scheduled in July, and finally sold at auction (back to the bank) in September.
    You would likely have a minimum of 2 months from your NOD, but not much more than that in a typical foreclosure. Oh, and just for the record....I really hate Wells Fargo
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks, free2breathe. That sounds pretty darn quick…I've been hoping that WF has been bogged down with foreclosures this year and owners have been experiencing a delay in being booted out of their houses. What year did this happen to you?

Comment

It was a couple years ago, but doing research on MS foreclosures, I'm finding about the same timeframe.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Wells Fargo is HORRIBLE! I'm not expert and can't give you any advice but thought I'd chime in on my 2 cents about the company. They won't put anything in writing, I continually got different answers from every person I spoke with including the President's office (what a joke), at the end of the day protect yourself and expect the unexpected.

You may be able to find some advice with a group called "wells fargo sucks" (google it) There were some people there who may be able to give you a better answer or advice.

Comment

Thanks, fellow WF scorners.

Well, to further research, I decided to contact my BK lawyer. He said that it would take months once I stop making payments. He suggested that once the foreclosure gets down to the days before the auction that I file a Ch 13 (not necessarily intending to follow through). This would start the process over again, lengthening the time I can remain in the house, if needed. Originally, I was a Ch 7.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience in trying a last minute 13 to extend things?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X