My WF HELOC setllement progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My WF HELOC setllement progress...

Thought to share my ongoing settlement process w WF and hopefully get some advice on it. .... because I almost feel it is too good to be true.

So here it is: all mortgages discharged and closed, first current second w WF not paid in a year .... nothing heart from them.

Called liquidation dept (thanks toomanybills for a phone number), they checked and said that it still in bankruptcy dept and need to be cleared there first. Were exteremely nice, transfered me to bankruptcy guy, he looked something over and said OK - fax me an offer. So I did for 5% and some hardship explanation.
    In a couple of days I am getting another extremely nice call from liquidation now, saying that they received it and that negotiator will contact me in a few days. OK.
    Today (less then a week from time I fax an offer) negotiator calls (again very nice and everything) saying he want to do it as quickly is possible for me and asking how fast can I get the money. I was almost speechless said getting from friends and family and will get it in a week. He ask will 15 days be enough ??? wow
    Then he said "OK, sending it to my boss for signing and then to underwritting... looking at about 2 weeks" And that's it, not word of actually negotiating, confirm taht 5% is abount 5k, I said ok.
    So what you all think ? It will be denied at his boss level or what ? Because I find it very hard to believe.

That was my experience with SLS. Offered 2000 bucks and the countered right away with 3600 (or 6%). Took 1 phone call. Signed a PDF "short payoff" and faxed it back to them. Had proof of the lien release within 2 months. They know they aren't going to get a better deal. I posted my whole experience.

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by aquavir View Post
      That was my experience with SLS. Offered 2000 bucks and the countered right away with 3600 (or 6%). Took 1 phone call. Signed a PDF "short payoff" and faxed it back to them. Had proof of the lien release within 2 months. They know they aren't going to get a better deal. I posted my whole experience.

Congratulations!
      Thank you. I am hesitant accept congratulations just yet He didnt even counter it .... That what negotiators do... negotiate....

Comment

That is great news. Our second is with BOA and we havent paid in 19 months. We've tried to settle but arent having any luck finding the right people to talk to. You give me hope that if we can just talk to the right person we might get this over and done with.
        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Here is my today's update:

received FEDEX overnite letter from Wells Fargo stating that they aggree to 6% settlement and "will re-convey the deed of trust" soon as they receive the funds )

YES!!

I am exteremely happy And wish everyone to success in their settlement journey.

Comment

to the OP:

Im trying to do a similar offer with my 2nd to a credit union. Im guessing Im not talking to the right people. Im also wondering if I am using the correct verbage... What was the general language of your offer??

Comment

I used the letter that was posted here somewhere...

I am writing this letter to explain our unfortunate set of circumstances that have caused us to become delinquent on our 2nd and 3rd mortgages. We have done everything in our power to make ends meet but unfortunately we have fallen short and would like you to consider working with us to settle our loan in full.

I also have student loan that have to be paid. Due to a reduction in income we had to use retirement and college savings funds in 2009 as well.

As I am sure you are aware, we have been discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy and are free to just walk away from this obligation. At this time, I am writing to you to see if we can settle these HELOC loans for x% of the current outstanding balance. We have the means to obtain this amount of our settlement offer now from friends and family.

On advice from our attorney, if we were to just foreclose, your chances of receiving any payment at all is non-existent at most due to the fact that the 1st Lien Holder is approximately 20% underwater and the 2nd and 3rd held by WF Home Equity is totally unsecured.

We appreciate your consideration to accept our proposal for settlement.

Sincerely,

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X