House auction...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House auction...now what?

I live in Virginia and my house went to auction yesterday. I'm not sure of the status. Does anyone know how I can find out? And what should I expect next? Eviction I'm sure...but how long does that mean? I hear some people say 3 to 7 days, my lawyer said they have to give you 30. I might have a rental lined up and could move out in about 2 weeks. I'm drained, with hardly any sleep, I cry all the time and I'm just a mess. I just want this over with!

mzbunny, I am so sorry...please accept my best wishes...we are all here with you!

In VA I would expect sooner than later...BUT if your atty says 30 days, then it's 30 days...try to do the rental as soon as possible...

Comment

if it went to auction, it would've been done on the courthouse steps (in VA) so you may be able to call the courthouse and see what's what; it also should've been advertised in your local paper along with the trustee's name, so you may be able to call the trustee's office that handled it. Usually the lender takes the house back at it's current loan amount at the sale, however that does not mean they changed the deed, etc. Many lenders will take their sweet time in actually foreclosing and there is nothing you can do to rush them. Until that time the deed changes out of your name, you are still the official owner.

As to how much time you have, it really depends. Not sure if you've read your previous postings' replies, but something you may want to read: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...913#post527913

Comment

I am so sorry..

Comment

Thank you everyone! Especially for the support. This is one of the biggest roller coaster rides I have ever been on. I am feeling so much better today. I got a town house to rent and I'm moving in about 2 or so weeks. I'm very grateful for all the advice on here. I would be pulling my hair out if I didn't have some direction. Like this site gives. You are all the best!
          Bunny

Comment

Hi---mzbunny---I believe that your attorney is being quite accurate---
            and now that you've got a rental---you've got a lot more maneuvering room.

Comment

Hi---mzbunny---I'm replying here since I couldn't find the
              other thread about rental and where you filed---and don't
              know that area very well---but I'd said be right ready to move.

Comment

It is so tough to not know what will happen. Have you looked up Virginia laws on foreclosure? It should give you an idea of what to expect. For example: MN laws state that they have to ahve a sheriff's sale and then I have 6 months, but it also states that this is not a given. It usually is though.

Google your states foreclosure guidelines and see what it says. IF, and I cannot emphasis IF enough, have a back-up plan. A storage unit to put your stuff and a decent motel where you can lay your head until you find a place. Hopefully none of that will have to happen but have a bsack-up, '"just in case" plan in place.

Bless you and hope everything comes out all right.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X